Scheduling and Notifications
Practices will be loaded into the Liberty Lacrosse schedule for each age group. This is visible on the Liberty Lacrosse webpage.
The club webpage and SI Play app will provide practice reminders if you opt in to receive them. See Communications Section for instructions.
Schedule reminders will indicate practice start times – when drills will begin. Players must arrive early to be on the field passing and/or warming up before start time. Consult your player’s coach for age-specific pre-practice expectations.
Players typically need at least 10 minutes to get down to the field and suited up, but some take longer and we look to parents to monitor their player’s pre-practice routine and adjust arrival or apply discipline to get them on the field on time.
- Players must be in full protective gear and wear pinnie for all practices. Players without adequate protective gear must be excluded from some or all drills for their safety.
- Players must bring their own water to practices – practice fields do not have drinking fountains.
In warm conditions, the combination of turf field, pads, and helmet is equivalent of adding 20 degrees to the outside temperature; they need to stay hydrated.
- Try on gear and adjust fit at home before first practice.
- Have your player practice getting gear on/off on their own at home to minimize interruption at practices.
We continue to hold practices in inclement weather - assume practices are on unless you get a cancellation notification. Last minute cancellation notifications will come from manager/coach directly, check your phone/email before heading to practice.
Ensure your player is wearing appropriate base layers under their pinnies or pads to stay warm as necessary.
When the potential for degrading weather exists, such as extreme cold, accumulating snow, or heavy wind/rain/lightening, please remain at practices in case we must dismiss early or make arrangements with another parent to take in your child until you can return for pickup.
Practices are typically held at one of two locations, and will be indicated in the schedule:
- Liberty High School: 16655 SE 136th St, Renton, WA 98059
- Maywood Middle School: 14490 168th Ave SE, Renton, WA 98059